By Carol Miller
The instruments and suggestions you want to make wellbeing part of your daily nursing practice
While many books have lined the theoretical features of health, just one source can provide a true experience of what health appears like on the bedside: the Nurse's Toolbook for selling well being . Compact and straightforward to exploit, this specified how-to consultant is stuffed with wellness-oriented medical instruments and useful feedback, from educating dietary health to selling particular elements of sufferers' well being equivalent to relocating and respiring well.
- wellbeing evaluation instruments that provide particular directions on how you can establish components for power wellbeing interventions
- well being educating instruments in particular designed for use as handouts train sufferers approximately how they could perform their very own care
- Insightful tales from nurses and sufferers demonstrating the position of health in sufferer care
- transparent three-part association that starts with a priceless evaluation of wellbeing nursing, then covers how you can advertise sufferers' wellbeing of their day-by-day lives and facilitate particular elements of sufferers' wellbeing
- unique, step by step guidance that supply particular strategies to take advantage of on the bedside
- Hands-on self-assessment instruments that show you how to make the most of well being thoughts on your personal lifestyles
Read or Download Nurse's Toolbook for Promoting Wellness PDF
Similar nursing books
"This handbook, the 1st of its variety inquisitive about district nursing, presents the ability to construct competence and self assurance in nurses new to the neighborhood, or constructing their abilities. the excellent and evidence-based content material presents crucial details for competence in key parts of district nursing.
Created along with basics of Nursing, 7th variation, this learn consultant is helping scholars evaluation and observe techniques from the textbook to organize for tests in addition to nursing perform. each one bankruptcy comprises 3 sections: practising for NCLEX® (containing multiple-choice and alternate-format questions), constructing Your wisdom Base (including various questions codecs akin to fill-in-the-blank, matching, and brief answer), and using Your wisdom (comprised of serious pondering questions, reflective perform eventualities, and sufferer care studies).
"Every bankruptcy achieves its targets. .. This e-book is really a brief reference software, combining the proof from many chapters in nursing textbooks and using a holistic method of care and promoting. the writer scales down the ‘‘need to know’’ of sufferer care whereas integrating future health promoting possibilities inside of a number of nursing exams and interventions.
Nurses who're new to the hard work and supply (L&D) atmosphere will welcome this newly up to date, succinct, easy-to-use orientation advisor for daily exertions and beginning administration practices. it really is designed for fast entry to primary information regarding the commonest L&D approaches and encourages the advance of independence and self assurance for brand spanking new RNs orienting to this custom atmosphere.
- Mental Health and Social Problems: A Social Work Perspective
- Ethical Decision Making in Nursing and Health Care: The Symphonological Approach, Fourth Edition
- Evidence-Based Competency Management for the Emergency Department, Second Edition
- Creativity and Social Support in Mental Health: Service Users’ Perspectives
Additional resources for Nurse's Toolbook for Promoting Wellness
My wellness guides tell me that I will make more progress if I operate out of love rather than fear and if I think more positively about the actions to take. I know that the first step I need on my wellness journey is figuring out where I am now and thinking about why and how I want to reach my destination. It’s the same with my patients, I need to find out where they are on their wellness journeys and whether they have destinations or need directions. If they are willing to let me guide them, I need to find out what works best for them so we can plan the best route for reaching their destinations.
I know that everyone takes this journey, and I try to enjoy the time it takes, but I often hear a powerful voice inside of me saying I am selfish when Chapter 1: Exploring the Wellness Territory • 17 I focus on my own wellness and I feel guilty about taking time to do things that are “simply” for me and my well-being. I have learned to listen to another voice that tells me that it is not only OK, but even necessary, to pay attention to my own wellness because that is exactly what I am encouraging my patients to do.
Information is presented throughout this book in the context of the nursing process, with emphasis on assessment and teaching tools that facilitate the application of wellness concepts. All of the tools are designed for clinical use, Chapter 2: Fitting Wellness into Practice • 25 and many of these tools are useful for self-wellness by nurses and patients. In this chapter, the information is applied to the functional health pattern of health perception–health management with emphasis on personal responsibility as an essential component of wellness.
Nurse's Toolbook for Promoting Wellness by Carol Miller